Would you like to work at a place where we help people make positive changes through engagement with the Bible?
At Bible Society New Zealand our mission is to help make the Bible accessible to everyone and encourage interaction with it. Bring your skills and passion into a work that makes a difference in other people’s lives through the Bible.
Please see below for our current opportunities.
We might be one of New Zealand’s oldest charities, but we believe the best is yet to come!
Bible Society is New Zealand’s premier supplier of Bibles and Christian resources through its Bible engagement programmes and its Manna Christian Stores chain. Bible Society also partners with donors to support Bible mission in New Zealand and around the world.
We are looking to appoint a full time Programme Director to lead Bible Society’s fundraising, communications, and mission project programmes in line with our strategic plan.
Your job will be to lead the Content Team, direct a wide range of programs and ensure the delivery and overall success of each programme.
To be right for the role you will:
- Be a strategic thinker – able to prepare strategies and conjure ideas that will cope with changing environments.
- Have a broad knowledge of program management principles, including fundraising and marketing.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting.
- Have exceptional communication skills – able to write, produce and publish communications and information.
- Be relational and empathetic – able to hold sensitive conversations with donors and mission partners.
- Be willing to travel around New Zealand.
- Understand and embrace Aotearoa New Zealand’s Treaty of Waitangi relationship.
- Show enthusiasm – about the fact the Bible Society has been helping change lives for good for 175 years!
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to join a globally connected organisation making a difference in the world.
- An opportunity to join the leadership team and be a part of a meaningful programme of work.
- A busy and interesting role, delivering innovative projects and resources.
- A great team of like minded people to work with.
- The successful applicant may be located in Auckland or Wellington.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) salaried position. To find out more and to apply, request a job description and application questionnaire from Jeanine at firstname.lastname@example.org To be considered for this role you must be currently living in and legally entitled to work in New Zealand.